Saturday, January 14, 2012

Crockpot Lasagna

1 lb ground beef (I buy the extra lean)
1/2 lb italian sausage
1 jar of pasta sauce
Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
3-4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (I buy the low fat or skim milk kind)
1-1/2 cup of cottage cheese (I buy the fat free)

Spray inside of the crockpot with cooking spraybrown the meat, drain fat if any
Stir the sauce in with the meat
Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the pot
Arrange 1/3 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce (i break them up so they can fit better and cover better)
Combine the cheeses in a bowl (I add lil italian seasoning into the cheese mix and some parmesan cheese also)
Repeat these layers twice
Top with remaining sauce mix
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Let the lasagna stand in pot for at least 10 mins before serving, with the lid off.
I serve with side of caesar salad and garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment